Great 3D Maps and Seamless Textures!
PixPlant is a smart 3D texturing tool that creates high quality normal, displacement, specular maps and seamless textures from photos.
With PixPlant you have an almost unlimited choice of realistic materials for your projects: pick an interesting photo, run PixPlant and get a perfect seamless 3D texture.
Great 3D Textures, Quickly - Try PixPlant now!
PixPlant 2 Benefits
Save a Lot of Texturing Time:
PixPlant reduces to almost zero the time and work of preparing tiling 3D textures and backgrounds.
Diversify your Textures:
Quickly turn photos into usable 3D textures, adding realism, variety and value to your projects.
Benefits for 3D visualization, architecture and games:
Quickly create unique seamless 3D textures, horizontally and/or vertically tiled.
Based on real-life photos, PixPlant generates realistic textures without the complication of procedural texture generation tools.
Generate and fine tune normal, displacement and specular maps for highly realistic 3D texturing.
For graphics and multimedia design:
A creative "image alchemy" tool: create high resolution, high quality images with the same characteristics as the photo sources.
Easily create unique images that can be used as backgrounds, patterns or brushes.
Expand or complete existing images by adding detail from themselves or from other images.
PixPlant 2 includes the following features:
- Create normal, displacement and specular maps ready to be used in 3D modelling applications.
- Fine tune 3D textures with an interactive parallax mapped 3D preview.
- Create textures from almost any photo, thanks to advanced straightening and seed pattern controls.
- Highly automated with most textures created in 1-4 clicks. And high performance with usually a few seconds per texture.
- Generate complete images or refine and expand existing ones. Out-select parts of the seed image for fine grain control.
- Carefully designed easy-to-use interface, now also available in 64 bits as a standalone application and as a plug-in for Photoshop and compatible applications.
To see PixPlant screenshots and some generated images please visit the Gallery area.
PixPlant is being used in interactive entertainment, architectural, advertising and design industries as well as for education, by companies such as:
With a reasonable source image, you can get a nice seamless pattern in just a few minutes. In contrast, I might typically spend half an hour to an hour in Photoshop to create the same type of map.
I also find the automated normal/bump/specular maps to be another great time-saver.
Andy Orban of Orban Design in the PixPlant review at CatchUp 17